Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oatmeal Fudge Bars -- Grandma Parry


1 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
3 c. quick rolled oats (I use regular rolled oats)

Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, soda, and salt. Stir in oats. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix until well blended. Set aside.

Fudge Nut Filling
1 can condensed milk (14 oz.)
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use the 70% or mix what ever I have on hand, semi-sweet or milk)
2 T. butter
1/2 t. salt
1 c. nuts (this can be optional too)
2 t. vanilla

In a double boiler mix together chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter and salt. Stir until smooth. Add nuts and vanilla. You might be able to melt this in the microwave. I have never tried it--I wonder why?

Place two thirds of the oatmeal mixture in a 15" x 10" pan. (or similar size pan) Cover with the chocolate filling and dot with the remaining oatmeal mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails