Salt
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 lb hamburger
1 cup cooked rice
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Start cooking rice according to package direction.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut tops off peppers 1 inch from stem end, and remove seeds. Add several generous pinches of salt to boiling water, than add peppers and boil, using a spoon to keep pepper completely submerged, until colors are bright. About 3 minutes, Drain, and set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook. Stir often, about five minutes. Add meat and cook until browned. Add cooked rice and tomatoes, and oregano and season generously with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of oil into peppers. Arrange cute side up in a baking dish, then stuff peppers with filling. Add 1/4 cup water to the bottom of baking dish. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes.
16 comments:
Hooray! I'm so glad you got the book! These look so yummy by the way~
Sorry I haven't been by in a while. I can see I missed a lot these look great!
Nice presentation. Very creative. I'll have this recipe also for the party next month.
I can see I missed a lot these look great! thanx for the post.
Easy recipe to make and came out great!!! The only thing that I would add for the next time is some sort of tomato sauce to go in the pan with the peppers...besides that they turned out great!
mmmmmmm! I'd never even eaten a stuffed pepper before, but now I can make them! They look beautiful, lots of color, and taste amazing! I used bison meat which added to the sweetness of the peppers. Thank you for this recipe!
Cute presentation treat. Thank you
Well, I'll have this recipe also for the party next month. thanx for posting, must try this at home.
They look beautiful, lots of color, and taste amazing! I used bison meat which added to the sweetness of the peppers, thanx for the share.
That was so cute recipe picture! I would love to try that one..Its cute to make. Keep on posting.
That was so cute recipe picture! I would love to try that one..Its cute to make. Keep on posting.
I am making stuffed peppers for my husband tonight, and know what to put into it, but am unsure of how to prepare the peppers. Do I broil them first before I stuff them, or bake them after they are stuffed? Any help would be appreciated!
Love this recipe. I use half ground beef and half hot turkey sausage and added some crushed red pepper flakes for a "zip".
Well, I stuff them, or bake them after they are stuffed? Any help would be appreciated, thanx for the post.
Love this recipe. I use half ground beef and half hot turkey suasage and added some crushed red pepper flakes for a "zip".
These are excellent! Although, I substitute sausage for the beef & I use wild rice.. Much better. I also add cheese.
Post a Comment