Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Scones



4 C Flour
1 tsp Salt
1/2 C Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 C Milk

Mix dry ingredients, add milk. Mix until you get a good dough. I used my hands, that seemed to work the best.

Take a piece and form it into a ball and smash it down flat as you can get it.

Heat oil in pan and when the oil starts moving on it's own, add one doughy scones at a time. Cook on each side until both sides are nice and browned. I flipped mine a couple of times just to make sure they were cooked all the way through.

Remove from oil and place on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the extra grease.

I served these with strawberry butter. It was really good.
To make the butter:

1/2 cube butter
1 Tablespoon strawberry jam
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar

Mix together until smooth

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I absolutely LOVE fresh scones, this is such a nice recipe I will be trying it soon thanks

ariel said...

oh boy. you are making me crave scones. this looks so yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails