Friday, February 12, 2010

Kneaders Sugar Cookies

2 cups butter
2 1/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
7 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon honey

Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs, then milk, scrape the sides of the bowl often.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Dough will be soft and sticky.
Place dough on will floured work place.
Knead in just enough flour to make dough workable. Dough will be very soft. It is best knead with a rolling motion so you a smooth surface and you will not get cracks on the tops of your cookies.
Gently roll out to 3/8 inch thick.
Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet that is well sprayed or lined with parchment paper.
Baker at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until just the edges barely start to change colors.

1 comment:

Rob and Sharon said...

Hey . . .
Sounds good. I suppose I am just hungry....

Wondering if it is a step above the "mix" that I have collected in my kitchen...
The other things I am wondering.

No sugar cookie can become close to perfect unless the portions of cookie to icing is indicated correctly...

PAPA

Related Posts with Thumbnails